Despite boycott comments, CeeLo Green still on BayFest lineup

CeeLo Green performs on stage at the Molson Amphitheatre on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by Arthur Mola/Invision/AP)
CeeLo Green performs on stage at the Molson Amphitheatre on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by Arthur Mola/Invision/AP)

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) – Despite comments of some calling for a BayFest boycott of CeeLo Green, founder Bobby Bostwick said they are not taking him off the 2014 lineup.

Recently, Green pleaded no contest to one felony count of furnishing ecstasy to a woman during a 2012 dinner in Los Angeles.

Following that, the former “Voice” coach posted a series of tweets, including one that read: “Women who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!”

He tweeted an apology Monday.

Bostwick said BayFest officials are not going to get into what someone says. He said other artists that have performed at BayFest have said controversial things in the past as well.

Bostwick added BayFest has hired him as an entertainter this year, and BayFest will let the people decide if they want to go see him.

In other CeeLo Green news, an AP article said his reality show will not have a second season.

TBS spokeswoman Karen Cassell said Wednesday the network isn’t renewing “The Good Life.” She did not give a reason but said the decision was made earlier this summer.

The series, which premiered in June, averaged 650,000 viewers, considerably fewer than the 1 million to 2 million viewers the network averages in prime time.

blog comments powered by Disqus