Lightning causes house fire in Daphne

photo (2)

DAPHNE, Ala. (WALA) – Lightning caused a house fire on Captain O’Neal Street in Daphne this afternoon.

According to the Daphne fire department, around 3:40 p.m. lightning struck the home. Two people were in the house. They say they heard the lightning hit, noticed smoke coming out of the air conditioning vents and called 9-1-1.

The Daphne Fire Department was able to confine the fire to the attic of the house and prevent damage in any other part of the house.

blog comments powered by Disqus