Mobile Baykeeper wants to see pictures of you having fun in the water in Alabama! They want to see pictures of you and your friends spending a day at the lake, your little ones playing on the beach, or your dogs swimming in a river in Alabama. Laura Byrne from Mobile Baykeeper tells Cherish Lombard it’s part of Mobile Baykeeper’s “Swim Alabama Instagram Photo Contest” to promote swimmable water this summer.
To enter, post your photos enjoying Alabama’s waterways on Instagram using the hashtag #SwimAlabama. Winners will be featured on Mobile Baykeeper’s website and on the Swim Guide, a free app that shows which beaches are safe for swimming using water quality testing results. Winners will be announced during Swimmable Water Weekend, July 25 through 28. Swimmable Water Weekend is a global event recognizing the important role water plays in your community.
If you’re looking for places to swim in Alabama, You can download the Swim Guide app at www.swimguide.org. Swim Guide is built and powered by Waterkeepers to connect you to beaches and swimming holes everywhere. When you get the app, you’ll:
- Discover a wide variety of beaches, ranging from city parks to remote lakes ideal for camping
- Identify at a glance which beaches are clean for swimming (Green) and which have water quality problems (Red)
- Get walking, driving, or transit directions to the beach of your choice
- Bookmark beaches for easy access
- Share your love for the best swimming holes on social media
- Help protect your waterway by reporting pollution or environmental concerns
450 C Government Street
Mobile, AL 36602