MFR: Two alarm fire at Maison De Ville Apartments

fire apt

According to officials, around 6:45 p.m. on Sunday, July 6, flames at the Maison de Ville apartments quickly spread into a two alarm fire.

According to Public Information Officer, Steve Huffman, the fire was started by a grill on one of the apartment’s patios.

No one in the apartment complex was injured, but Huffman said one firefighter was taken to the hospital for overheating and will fully recover.

Video was sent in by FOX10 viewer Alicia Williamson Garcia.
Garcia says she was passing through the area and caught the flames licking the side of the building.

Residents and bystanders from surrounding buildings evacuated, and lined the streets Sunday night to watch as Firefighters battled the blaze.

Firefighters used the ladder truck to suppress the flames, and cut a trench in the roof to prevent the fire from moving to other apartments. Only one apartment was damaged by the flames but a total of eight apartments were damaged by smoke or water. Huffman said they estimate over 90 thousand dollars in damage.

blog comments powered by Disqus