If you’re planning to shoot your own fireworks July 4th, your safety is more important than anything else. Danielle Johnson from Fireworks Super Market has some safety tips.
- Always purchase fireworks from a reliable source.
- Use fireworks as directed on consumer product safety label; never alter products.
- Do not allow young children to handle fireworks.
- Light fireworks one at a time.
- Always have a bucket of water ready before you start shooting fireworks.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Soak spent fireworks with water before placing them in an outdoor trash can.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- You should only use fireworks outdoors in a clear area away from other people, pets, plants and buildings.
Fireworks Super Market
1218 Hwy. 59 South
Summerdale, AL 36580
8:00am to 12:00am