Mobile home fire causes $10,000 in damages

File
File

Mobile firefighters were called out to a mobile home fire on Riley Street Saturday night.

Mobile fire officials say the fire happened in the 1100 block of Riley Street off Hubert Pierce Road shortly after 8:00 p.m. Saturday.

Public Information Officer Steve Huffman with the Mobile Fire-Rescue Department, said the fire started in the kitchen in a single-wide trailer.

Fire investigators say the blaze started by “unattended cooking.”

No one was injured.  Fire crews reported heavy smoke and flames when they arrived, according to fire officials.

Huffman says estimated damage to the mobile home and its contents are at $10,000.

blog comments powered by Disqus