PENSACOLA, Fla. (WALA) Residents in Pensacola continue to clean up after after what some call the worst flooding in a generation.
Pensacola Police say several streets remain closed as the result of last week’s flooding. The following list was released Sunday, May 4, 2014.
• Clubbs and Main streets, the eastbound lane to the Wahoo stadium
• Tarragona Street from Gadsden to Jackson streets
• Piedmont Road from Tronjo to Hallmark drives
• 12th and Ellyson at the Carpenter’s Creek bridge is down to two lanes
• 19th Avenue from Strong to Gonzalez streets
• Ninth Avenue at Carpenter’s Creek has one lane closed northbound
• Scenic Highway from Wimbledon Drive to Scenic Highway Circle and from Bayview Way to Logan Drive
No through traffic is permitted on Scenic Highway north of Hyde Park Road and south of Summit Boulevard. In addition, through traffic should not utilize residential neighborhoods. When traveling north and south in this area, every attempt should be made to access alternate routes such as Bayou Boulevard and Ninth Avenue.
It is not known when the streets will be reopened.