The Hungry Owl joined us in the Studio10 Kitchen on Tuesday to show us how to cook Blackened fresh catch with horseradish sauce. Check out the recipe:
- Fresh fish from the Alabama gulf
- Blackened seasoning (available at the hungry owl) Lemon Oil Parsley
Place fish in hot skillet w/ oil and season graciously with blackened seasoning.
- Turn and cook through.
- Turn off heat and squeeze lemon juice over fish.
- Transfer to plate and add horseradish sauce (recipe below).
- 2 c mayo
- 1/2 c creole must
- 1/2 c horseradish
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 Tbsp owl dust
- 1 Tbsp apple coder vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all and mix well
*Things happening at The Hungry Owl. Live music every Tuesday and Thursday nights. We will have a booth at the color me rad run on Saturday. We will once again be catering the VIP area at the hangout music festival as well as having a tent in the new Alabama Gulf Seafood area. We have crawfish every Saturday with happy hour all day!