2 pounds Lump crabmeat
2 tbs Fresh Jalapenos
1 pt Tomatoes, fresh
1/2 cup Green Bell Peppers
1 1/2 cups Red Onions
1 cup Celery
2 tsp Fresh Garlic, minced
8 oz Lime Juice (Bottled)
6 oz Cider Vinegar
6 oz Salad Oil
6 oz Ice water (Fill 2 qt with ice, add 10oz of water, let sit for 2 minutes, strain out 6oz when ready to add to crabmeat)
1 1/2 tbs Cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 tbs Kosher salt
1 tbs Black pepper, ground
1. Cut onion in half through the core end.
2. Peel onion and make a slice in the onion from top to bottom in center.
3. Place on slicer and slice on #6 to slice onion into thin julienne strips.
4. Take julienne strips and using a chef knife cut strips into a small dice (1/4 inch dice).
5. Cut jalapenos, celery and green peppers into a small dice (1/4 inch dice).
6. Cut the tomato into a small dice (1/4 inch dice) as well and place all diced vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
7. Pick through crabmeat for shells very carefully, do not break up lumps, use ultraviolet light.
8. Place picked crabmeat in the mixing bowl with the diced vegetables.
9. Place lime juice, vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper in a separate mixing bowl, whisk briskly while slowly adding salad oil.
10. Next whisk in the strained ice water.
11. Pour vinaigrette mixture over crab and diced vegetables.
12. Mix well but gently trying not to break up the crabmeat and put in a 6qt container.
13. Cover, label, date and marinate for at least 24 hours.