Family loses everything in house fire

House Fire, Baldwin County

An Elberta family is left homeless after a late night fire tore through their home Saturday night,  February 8.

Travis Craft and Sheila Haraughty’s family woke up in the middle of the night to flames engulfing the front of their house. After firefighters had put out the blaze, the family left for a friend’s house to spend the night.

However, when they returned Sunday morning, they discovered a second fire had sparked and destroyed what had been left of the home.

“When they crawled through my attic, do you see an attic? When they left, when they crawled through the attic, the fire was out,” Haraughty said. “I would’ve stayed here all night to make sure what was left was left because I’m in bankruptcy and I’ve lost everything now. This is all I had left.”

The family has lost virtually everything in the blaze. If you would like to make a donation to the family, you can call: 251-635-6606.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus