The folks at Bay Chevrolet invited Studio10’s Joe Emer to test drive the new Chevy Sports Sedan (Chevy SS).
Joe had a blast and definitely put the pedal to the metal! Click on the video link to see the car in action!
Bay Chevrolet is selling the SS and provided Studio10 with the following information:
2014 Chevrolet SS (Sport Sedan)
Debuting at Daytona International Speedway in February, 2013, this 415 HP V8 sedan serves as Chevrolet’s winning entry in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
The Chevrolet SS is the first rear-wheel-drive sedan introduced by Chevrolet in 17 years. The automobile is engineered for performance enthusiasts seeking an exhilarating driving experience while providing luxurious space, comfort and convenience for up to five adults.
Unlike the competition, the production Chevrolet SS has the same rear-wheel-drive small block V8 configuration as its NASCAR brother. With Chevrolet SS you get upscale luxury with serious racetrack DNA.
The design aesthetic for the Chevrolet SS is elegantly athletic. The body is designed to manage airflow smoothly. Its rigid body structure improves ride and handling. Its Sport-Tuned suspension and near perfect 50/50 weight distribution optimizes its handling characteristics. Polished aluminum alloy 19” x 8.5” front wheels up front and 19” x 9” wheels in back wrapped with ultra-high performance summer only tires emphasize its rear-wheel-drive capability. The 6.2L V8 engine produces 415 HP. This engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission powers the sedan from 0-60 mph in 5 seconds. Race- proven Brembo 4-piston brakes and massive 14-inch rotors stand up to repeated hard stops.
- Intelligent key fob allows for passive entry and push-button start from up to 300 feet away.
- Chevrolet MyLink infotainment with GPS-based navigational system. The system offers a premium audio delivery through a Bose 9-speaker system.
- Leather appointed 10-way power seats are heated and ventilated.
- A color Head-Up Display projects vital information like speed, engine RPMs, and turn-by-turn navigation. Projected on the windshield directly within your field of vision, this display keeps you informed while your eyes are on the road.
- Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning and Rear Vision Camera.
2900 Government Blvd.
Mobile, AL 36606