Apartment fire leaves two families homeless

apartment-fire

Mobile Fire-Rescue battled an overnight fire Thursday, January 30.

Firefighters responded around 9:30 p.m. to an apartment complex on 159 Everett Street, near Church and Government streets in downtown Mobile.

When crews arrived, they said they saw smoke billowing from one of the units.

Once they got inside, they said they found a fire that started in a closet and had spread to the roof. They were able to quickly put out the blaze.

apartment fire2 Apartment fire leaves two families homeless

Fire officials said the fire was sparked by an electrical malfunction and caused an estimated $50,000 in damage.

There were no injuries, but two families were left homeless.

blog comments powered by Disqus