Family loses everything to fire in frosty weather

fire-in-freezing-weather

A fireplace is being blamed for a massive blaze that gutted a Theodore home on one of the coldest nights of the year.

Shawn Moses and his family had been living in the residence on Mount hill court in the Woodchase subdivision for only 12 days when the fire broke out.

Moses said he, his girlfriend, and her 4-year-old daughter had not even finished unpacking when they lost nearly everything in the blaze.

Moses told Fox10 his first instinct was to get his girlfriend and little Payton outside despite the historic sleet and freezing rain falling to the ground.

He put the two in his vehicle as firefighters rushed in, the teacher pus conditions to help fight the blaze.

Witnesses said it took nearly 2 hours to get it under control.

He said 4-year-old Payton was crying over losing her Christmas presents and bedroom furniture, which the family had just repainted pink.

Moses says his family will rebuild and he is just thankful no one was hurt

The family could use any clothing, toiletries, or donations of any kind.

Shoes: 12 men’s, 4-5 toddler girl’s. Shirts/Pants: 7-9 in women’s pants, medium women’s shirts. Large-xtra large men’s shirts, toddler clothes.

You can reach the family via email: Shawnmoses3244@gmail.com or by mail: P.O box 50301 Mobile, AL 36605

blog comments powered by Disqus