The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is providing an update on road and bridge closures and restrictions in Northwest Florida due to wintery weather conditions.
• U.S. 98, Hathaway Bridge closed to all traffic.
• State Road 79, West Bay Bridge closed to all traffic.
• State Road 292 (Barrancas Avenue), Bayou Chico Bridge closed to all traffic.
• County Road 97A, Boggy Creek Bridge closed to all traffic. Residents should seek alternate routes.
• State Road 292, Theo Baars Bridge closed to all traffic.
• U.S. 98, Pensacola Bay Bridge closed to all traffic.
Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Jackson, and Gadsden Counties:
• State Road 85 at Antioch Road is closed.
• State Road 293, Mid-Bay Bridge is closed.
• U.S. 98, Brooks Bridge closed to all traffic.
• I-10 closed between Mile Marker 152 (State Road 69), Jackson County east to Mile Marker 192 (U.S. 90), Gadsden County.
• I-10 closed between Mile Marker 7-Pine Forest Road (State Road 297), Escambia County east to Mile Marker 120-State Road 77, Washington County. Traffic being detoured to U.S. 90.
• I-10 closed at Chipola River Bridge (Mile Marker 140), just west of State Road 71.
• State Road 20, Apalachicola River Bridge is closed.
• State Road 83 (U.S. 331), Choctawhatchee Bay Bridge/Clyde B. Wells Bridge closed to all traffic.
Currently, crews are deployed throughout the district monitoring state roads and bridges. Dry sand is being spread at identified locations. Tolls were reinstated on the Mid-Bay Bridge in Okaloosa County Wednesday, Jan. 29 at 8 a.m. CST
Weather conditions continue to deteriorate creating hazardous road conditions. FDOT encourages residents to stay indoors and avoid venturing out unless it is an emergency.
Motorists are reminded to be watchful of other drivers and road conditions and to be on the lookout for iced roads. The combination of moisture and freezing temperatures are ideal to form patches of ice on roads. Drivers should remain alert and drive with care. Drivers are reminded to use caution and drive at a reduced speed during this time.